I love the 10 commandments.
I do, really.
I know lots of folks see them as roadblocks or binding them in some constrictive way… but for me they point the way. My signposts, gifted to me of Abba, or I surely would become lost. How confounding it can be at times to scale this mountain of abuse, break down the walls that were created by it to allow the truth to shine through. Right and wrong jumbled like this…
The Ten Commandments of God (short form)
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make idols.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet.
The Ten Commandments of Abuse (abusers taught form)
1. You shall have no other god than your abuser
2. You shall make me your all, your idol
3. You shall not speak of this to anyone, ruining my name and reputation
4. Remember all your days are mine, I come first
5. Honor me alone
6. You shall murder yourself, inside and out, for me
7. You are mine alone and whose I deem, no one else is to touch you
8. You shall steal if I say so
9. You shall tell no one, that would be a lie, you aren’t abused, I am loving you.
10. You don’t want what others have, you are loved better and more completely
The 10 Commandments
One all about truth and truly being set free.
Abba’s ones are a gift to us, to show us how to live in this world while here.
They to help us stay on our journey towards heaven, home to Him.
One’s where He is asking no more than He hasn’t already given or knows is good for us.
The 10 Commandments (for abuse survivors)
1. Keep me first as I did you on the cross, I will show you how love is meant to be.
2. My eyes are always upon you, are yours Me? Remove them from then to now, from pain to gain.
3. I respect you, value you, show the same of Me by honoring my name and presence, don’t speak ill of me, I am always here to hear. Be angry at the sin visited upon you, by the sinner, not Me the Creator. Free will is free will for all. It saddens me when humanity chooses sin, I did now wish this upon you. I was there bearing it with you being broken again as well, I cried with you and felt your pain.
4. I give every moment of my days to you, as you serve me, remember to give one day to the renewing of your soul by putting me first, partaking of the gift of me that this provides in the Eucharist
5. I created you from the beginning, as I have all mankind, honor that if nothing else in everyone. Pray for all to find my love and salvation by taking your eyes off of your abuse endured and placing them on Mine I traveled for you. I understand, I have been there. It is why I journeyed through life from birth to death. An easier path would have not involved experiencing life, but I and my Father desired that we “know.” We do, so give it to us.
6. Murder no one, not just in the killing of the body, the taking of life breathed into them but also guard yourself that you do not slay their spirit, enthusiasm and zest for life and service to me, no matter where they may be in their mountain journey.
7. Love as I love, keeping the love I place in your life first, before even yourself. Be content in that love and selfless, thus your love stays pure. This is true of those called to the sacrament of marriage, priesthood, singleness. Walk with your hand in mine in the love I am teaching you.
8. Don’t take from others, ever, anything. Look upon what was taken from you and ponder how that has affected you. Do not wish this upon another, do not be party to such. Steal not anything, not just touchable but the untouchable as well. Do not rob them of lessons being learned, of finding forgiveness, of growing. Above all do not steal their forgiving themselves by withholding your forgiving them.
9. Yes, what happened to you is truth that needs to be faced. Yes, your abusers need to hear from you that you remember along with your forgiveness. Yet, remember not to cast stones. Sin is sin and free will is free will. Hold their sin not against them as I don’t yours against you. Forgive to free yourself of unnecessarily speaking of it out of anger or spite. Leave the judging to God that you speak only what He tells you too of your abuser.
10. Covet not. I will replenish you of all that was stolen. Turn to me to find the brother love that was betrayed you. Allow my Father, your Father, God, to be to you the security yours did not provide. Give your fears and abuse to Him. Allow my Mother, Mary who so desires to be yours as well, to be just that. Rest in her arms and let her love you. I gave her to you when I hung upon the cross, as she has loved Me she desires to you. All those who have served me before are yours for we are the family of God. You belong, let go of the had nots of the abuse to be free to embrace the haves now I shall shower upon you.
These are The 10 Commandments I look upon when my abuse memories come knocking. The truth to be spoken to myself that I continue to heal. No, I don’t feel them at times, but truth isn’t feeling. It is fact, and the fact of the matter here is that abuse is built on nothing but lies, ones that became our truth in that they were all we lived.
Sometimes when I think of doing something and that training kicks in to whisper, “It’s ok, it’s not really a big deal, everyone does it,” I have to speak the true commandment out loud to myself. It feels weird at times that something I know to be wrong doesn’t feel wrong. This has bothered me for awhile, then today, Abba showed me a new perspective on it. Allow Him to use this to move me beyond triggers and memories unwanted as He gives me new ones.
I am a child, His.
Children learn over time.
Repetitive teaching done in love, firmness and consistency
I had none of this in truth
As I speak truth to my me again and again
Much as a mother reminds her child often in training
I shall come to feel
Right from wrong
For now I will look heavenward
While sitting upon my Mama Mary’s lap, perhaps with Grandma Anne near by, as she hushes me gently that…
I hear my Papa, Gods, teachings…
My brother, Jesus, having set gone before, an example to follow…
A reunion of sorts, now…
That one day will be happening in heaven
With all my family of Saints around…
One I plan not to miss.
Abuse has no place with God or in Heaven
So it has no place with me or healing,
With you either,
For now is Gods.